Thursday, January 17, 2008

Crochet malaise

I haven't picked up my hook since the Bay Blue Hat went to hell. I'm not sure what's going on, but I do have a few theories:
  • I'm so annoyed with the Bay Blue that I'm not in the mood to try and fix it right now.
  • I have some really nice yarn that I'm dying to work with, but after the Bay Blue mishap, I'm scared I'll mess it up.
  • I could do a dry run of the projects intended for the nice yarn with crap yarn, but right now I don't want to work with crap yarn. Not even for kitty beds.
  • I have some ideas for my own designs, but I'm so out of sorts I'm pretty sure I'd screw them up if I started them now.
...Oh well. Only way out is through, right? The only thing to do is pick up the hook and get to work. After all, I've got basketball to watch tonight and for me, basketball and crochet go together like white beans and sandwich bread. (Which is to say, for everyone else not so much.)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I've been feeling pretty "blah" with my yarn-based activities, too. I think it's just the time of year and the weather. I mean, the snow was really pretty but now it's just all grey and yucky. I'm against it.