Friday, March 7, 2008

Out to conquer the world with Teh Cute

Introducing... Sabrina the Pretty Kitty!!

Sabrina (impulsively named a few minutes ago) is actually the first amigurumi I started, but I set her aside while waiting for her eyes to come in. (Aren't her eyes great? I think they make the whole amigurumi. You can get some of your own at Suncatcher Eyes -- they have fast shipping and great prices as well as a beautiful product.)

I embroidered her face, and I think it turned out better than the Big Blue Birdie's. Here's a close-up:

Hi! I see you!

The pattern is Cat and Mouse by Ana Paula Rimoli. If you like it, you'll want to check out her new book, Amigurumi World. I only got my copy last night and haven't gotten to look at it much yet, but I'm thinking it's seriously the best of the amigurumi crop so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, thanks for the eyes link. I was sick of perusing shitty big box stores looking for decent eyes. Awesome!

Sabrina is adorable, of course.

One day we'll get together and I'll show you how to knit like a freaking queen! Or how to fake it. I manage one of the two, I don't know which one.